Alex Iwobi gets return date from injury

first_img Loading… The Nigeria international was substituted in the 11th minute of Everton’s goalless draw against Arsenal at the Goodison park after picking up a hamstring injury and has not featured since then.Speaking ahead of this weekend’s Premier League clash against West Ham United in Thursday’s press conference, Ancelotti disclosed that the Eagles forward is closer to a return.Everton Boss Ancelotti sets Alex Iwobi Return Date – https://t.co/wsmcOUymLH pic.twitter.com/8NE5CYGswh— FootballLiveNG (@footballliveCH) January 17, 2020Read Also: Ancelotti set to hand Nigerian youngster EPL debut“Alex Iwobi will not be ready for the match. I think next week he will be able to train with us,” Ancelotti told Everton TV [as quoted on royal blue mersey].FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti has hinted that recuperating winger Alex Iwobi is set to return from injury that has kept him out of actions for weeks.Advertisementcenter_img Promoted ContentTop 10 Must-Know Facts About Ivanka Trump7 Truly Incredible Facts About Black Holes10 Phones That Can Work For Weeks Without Recharging8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth10 Of The Best Places Around The World To Go Stargazing11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table Top10 Stargazing Locations To ‘Connect With Nature’A Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic BombsBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way6 Incredibly Strange Facts About HurricanesThe 18 Most Visited Cities In The Worldlast_img read more

Continue Reading

Sherwood ‘bleeds colour of club’

first_img Press Association Tim Sherwood says he is proud and honoured to be the new head coach of Tottenham. The former England and Blackburn midfielder started off with a defeat to West Ham in the Capital One Cup, but four days later Tottenham beat Southampton 3-2. The Londoners played some of their most attacking football of the season as they came from behind to win at St Mary’s. That performance, and Sherwood’s commitment to playing attacking football, pleased chairman Daniel Levy, who had grown tired of watching Tottenham’s slow build-up play and lack of penetration under Villas-Boas. Levy believes Sherwood’s confident approach will give the players the push they need to finish in the top four this season and the new man at the helm certainly has complete faith in the expensively-assembled squad at his disposal. “We have good players here and if we apply ourselves well, get the players playing as they can and get the right players on the ball in the correct areas, then we can hurt any team we play against,” said Sherwood, whose first game as full manager comes on Boxing Day against West Brom. Some have questioned the wisdom of appointing Sherwood, but the man who brought him onto the coaching staff at White Hart Lane – Harry Redknapp – is sure Levy has done the right thing. Redknapp employed Sherwood as a part-time coach in 2008 and Sherwood then went on to take charge of the development side along with Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey, who have moved up to the first-team with the new boss. Redknapp took Spurs into the Champions League in 2010 and the QPR manager thinks Sherwood can achieve the same feat this year. Redknapp even thinks that Tottenham can catch second-place Arsenal, who have spent much of the season at the top of the Barclays Premier League. “I thought Tottenham were absolute certainties to finish above Arsenal at the start of the season,” Redknapp told talkSPORT. “Then Arsenal lost their first game of the season, but they have done fantastic since then. But they are only six points above Tottenham. “That’s nothing. That can be wiped out in a week, so Tottenham are still bang in there. “They have a good squad. I think Tim will get the best out of them. I wouldn’t write Tottenham off for a top-four position, they have got as good a chance as the seven teams that will be scrapping it out until the end of the season.” Sherwood says he will assess Mousa Dembele’s ankle over Christmas before deciding whether the midfielder should play against West Brom. Sherwood hopes his team can take advantage of the uncertainty surrounding the Midlands club, who sacked Steve Clarke on December 14. Sherwood said: “They’ve had some great results this season, they have an interim manager at the moment and hopefully that uncertainty can help put us on the right track and we can capitalise on that.” Sherwood played for Tottenham for four years and he has been part of the coaching set-up since 2008 though, so there is no doubt that the club is very close to his heart. He hopes his connection with Tottenham will help him navigate the difficult waters that lie ahead. Speaking for the first time since he signed an 18-month contract with the club, Sherwood told Spurs TV: “It’s an honour to be head coach of this top club. “It’s a club that means an awful lot to me and a proud moment. “If you cut me in half, I bleed the colour of the club. It means an awful lot to me. Blood is thicker than water, as they say. “I’ve known it from the grass roots right up to the first team, worked at every level of the football club and played here, so I know it better than most. “Hopefully that will stand me in good stead taking this club forward as head coach.” Sherwood was handed the role of interim manager following the sacking of Andre Villas-Boas last week. Spurs took the surprise decision to appoint Sherwood as Andre Villas-Boas’ successor on Monday. The 44-year-old has no experience of first-team management, but he was selected ahead of the likes of Louis Van Gaal, Fabio Capello and Frank De Boer, who had all been linked with the position. last_img read more

Continue Reading

T&T former footballer Dwight Yorke sued by chutney soca monarch

first_imgFormer Trinidad & Tobago and Manchester United footballer Dwight Yorke is being sued by reigning Chutney Soca Monarch Neval Chatelal for the non-payment of a TT$250,000 loan.Yorke, 46, was reportedly loaned the money in March last year to assist in a financial bind.In the court documents filed last week, Chatelal claimed that Yorke approached him for the loan after his ‘Island Vibe’ fete which was held on March 4, 2017.Couldn’t approach bankThe court documents say the former national footballer was unable to secure a lender for the fete and as a result, was in a bind as he needed to pay those who provided service for the event. Yorke allegedly said that he could not approach the bank as the time for approval would place him in an embarrassing situation.Chatelal subsequently agreed to loan Yorke TT$250,000 with a TT$50,000 interest to be paid after two months. He reportedly deposited the money into the Dwight Yorke Foundation account on March 7 following the agreement.Two months following the deposit, Chatelal contacted Yorke who in December 2017, paid him TT$50,000.No responseIn January, a pre-action protocol letter was sent to Yorke where he was “invited to amicably settle the matter.” There was no response and on February 12, the legal proceeding was filed.In 2016, Machel Montano sued Yorke for falsely using his name to promote a party that year. He later dropped the lawsuit but had obtained an injunction to stop Yorke from using his name.last_img read more

Continue Reading

Daytona 500 2019: NASCAR reportedly not planning changes despite lackluster Speedweeks races

first_imgThe action wasn’t exactly back and forth at Daytona’s Speedweeks, but NASCAR isn’t planning on making any changes to increase excitement for Sunday’s race.There were a total of 10 lead changes across 179 laps this week at The Clash and two Daytona Duels on Thursday, but it will be tough for NASCAR to do anything significant to alter the single-file racing that was featured across the runs, according to NBC Sports. Richard Petty was blunt when asked if he thought qualifying was entertaining at Daytona this week.“No, I don’t,” he said.Since last year’s Daytona 500, races at restrictor-plate tracks haven’t featured as much non-stop action as years past. That was only compounded at Thursday’s duels as 38 of 40 drivers had already qualified for Sunday’s race.But, Tony Stewart had a different opinion while also trying to put the Thursday races into a different context.“The worst thing you want to do is put yourself in a bad position to have to bring a backup car,” Stewart, owner of Stewart-Hass Racing said. “Guys are a lot more careful. But we saw guys like Chase Elliott (and) Daniel Suarez that were trying moves by themselves (in the qualifying races). That’s something you typically don’t see a lot of, where guys can move and pass by themselves. “I thought that was encouraging to see you’re not having to rely necessarily on a whole pack of cars to help you move through the field.” Roger Penske was similarly optimistic about the possibility of increased action Sunday.“The racing will be certainly better on race day than maybe you saw (Thursday) night,” he said. “Cars are trying to get up last night to the front and draft. From a show perspective, I think you’re going to have a blanket over the cars that can win.”The Daytona 500 can be seen at 2:30 p.m. ET Sunday on Fox.last_img read more

Continue Reading