Buffalo based quartet Aqueous continue to impress fans with every move, playing some of the best live performances that captures the group’s unique penchant for songwriting. The band will continue to capitalize on that effect, as they just kicked off an extensive fall tour and will release a brand new album, Best In Show, next Friday October 14th.On Best In Show, the quartet expertly displays their unique ability for meticulously crafted arrangements with soulful lyrics and a dynamic musical range, while maintaining their signature dual rock guitar onslaught, anthemic choruses, melodic synth lines, and a tight rhythm section that always gets the party going. Guitarist/vocalist/keyboardist David Loss speaks to the excitement captured on Best In Show, saying, “Although Aqueous is primarily a live touring band, I feel that we all work very well in the studio environment; you can be creative in different ways and I like that the possibilities are endless. Personally, recording ‘Best In Show’ was a unique experience because I got to really explore my role on keyboards more than I ever had previously, and it was cool to challenge myself like that, and also to utilize some classic instruments to capture the sounds I was hearing just right. Ultimately, if someone had never heard Aqueous, I’d definitely give them ‘Best In Show’ because it showcases so much of what we have to offer as a band.”Each track on the four-song EP showcases a diverse and powerful side to the band’s ever-evolving sound. “I really like the song selections on this EP, they encompass the many facets of the band’s sound,” said bassist Evan McPhaden, “We touched on soul, pop, prog, dance and rock which makes for a really fun and enjoyable listen.”With Aqueous out on the road and Best In Show coming out shortly, the band has offered up a very first taste of the new release. We’re excited to offer up a stream of “Random Company,” which you can hear below.Now that rocks! Drummer Rob Houk shares his take on Best In Show, saying “As the new guy in Aqueous, I was enthralled with how much focus, dedication and care that goes into AQ’s studio process, and I couldn’t be happier or more excited with this album and to make music with such a great crew.”Guitarist Mike Gantzer says, “I’m really proud of the work we did on this project, it feels like a definitive step forward in our band’s sound, and the vibe is really great on the whole album, which I attribute to the fact that the vibe was really great while we were making it! Everyone in the band crushed their parts and stepped their game up, and I think the sound is really cohesive throughout. We had a blast and put our all into making Best In Show, and I’m psyched for people to get down with it.”Fortunately, fans can get down with Aqueous throughout the fall, as the band is touring extensively in support of Best In Show. The band will celebrate the album’s release with a two night run at their hometown Buffalo Iron Works venue, with support from BIG Something and Natalie Cressman on October 13-14 respectively. All tour and album details can be found on the band’s website, and a teaser for the album as well as the full tour schedule can be viewed below.
ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr by: Peter StrozniakAn Ohio man will be arraigned April 2 in U.S. District Court in Cleveland for allegedly embezzling more than $436,000 from Taupa Lithuanian Credit Union.Andrew Belzinskas, 45, of Lyndhurst, an eastern Cleveland suburb, is the seventh person to be charged in the $15 million fraud case that led to the insolvency of the Cleveland cooperative in July 2013.He was indicted last week on one count of conspiracy to commit bank fraud and one count of bank fraud, according to court records.Belzinskas worked full-time at Taupa Lithuanian Credit Union in various capacities from 1991 through 2004. He eventually was responsible for originating loans for Taupa for about 10 years. Even though he left his full-time position in 2004, Belzinskas continued to work as a part-time loan officer. continue reading »
Hungarian operator MOL has received consent from the offshore safety body, the Petroleum Safety Authority (PSA), for exploration drilling in the North Sea using the Deepsea Bergen drilling rig.Deepsea Bergen; Source: CCBThe well, designated 25/8-19 S, is located in production license 820 in the North Sea where MOL’s Norwegian subsidiary, MOL Norge, is the operator.MOL Norge holds a 40 percent ownership interest while its partners Lundin, Wintershall, and Pandion Energy hold 30, 20, and 10 percent respectively.The well, given the prospect name of Evra/Iving, will be drilled in the central North Sea in a water depth of 125 meters.The PSA said on Thursday that the drilling was scheduled to begin on September 25 and expected to last 44 days.According to the offshore safety watchdog, the well will be drilled using the Deepsea Bergen rig.Deepsea Bergen is a semi-submersible mobile drilling rig of the Aker H-3.2 type, built at Aker Verdal in 1983. It is owned and operated by Odfjell Drilling. The rig is classified by DNV GL and is registered in Norway.Deepsea Bergen received an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) from the PSA in December 2001.It is worth reminding that Odfjell Drilling signed a letter of intent for the rig with MOL Norge for one exploration well in October 2018. The deal was set to be in direct continuation of the contract with OMV Norge and expire in 3Q/4Q 2019. The contract value was estimated at $9 million, plus potential incentive bonus.Spotted a typo? Have something more to add to the story? Maybe a nice photo? Contact our editorial team via email. Also, if you’re interested in showcasing your company, product or technology on Offshore Energy Today please contact us via our advertising form where you can also see our media kit.
CMC – The Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) says it’s preparing for the roll-out of the country’s World Cup campaign while decisions are being taken by the sport’s continental and world governing bodies on the timing and qualifiers for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, amid the COVID-19 pandemic.In a statement, the JFF said it fully and unequivocally supported the position of both FIFA and CONCACAF to put the health of all football stakeholders as the central reference point in all the discussions and decisions on this matter.Last week, CONCACAF president Victor Montagliani said the ‘Hexagonal’ round of qualifying for next year’s World Cup in Qatar may have to be scrapped due to the disruption COVID-19 has caused in the sport. He was unable to give details about the reforms to the qualifying structure, although he did say the Hex would be a bigger competition and that he expected FIFA rankings would be used as a starting point for the new format.The JFF said while it is awaiting final word, it has been getting organised.It said President Michael Ricketts has personally convened monthly meetings involving technical leadership as well as the administrative leadership of the federation.“In these meetings, matters related to players’ technical preparation as well as all the administrative support which will need to be in place have been discussed and are being monitored,” the JFF said.“These meetings will continue as the president has clearly stated that the objective is, when the whistle blows, the federation must be ready in all aspects.”The JFF said it has also been discussing the reality of financial challenges and a number of initiatives are being examined with the aim of facing that reality head-on.In the meetings, Ricketts noted that the federation has promised the country that it would do everything possible to ensure the team is well-positioned to be in the top six of the CONCACAF ranking and top 50 in FIFA rankings for the start of the final round of qualifiers.“With especially the commitment of the players, this was achieved on both fronts, and the federation now sees it as its next objective to make sure that the necessary preparation is in place to take the team through whatever qualification format is announced,” it said.In this regard, Ricketts has indicated that Jamaicans at all levels will be fully engaged in the plans and the federation was looking forward to receiving the necessary support.A six-team round robin format, referred to as the ‘Hexagonal’ or ‘Hex’, is usually used by CONCACAF as its World Cup qualifying tournament. The top three teams qualify directly for the finals, while the fourth-place team enters a playoff to book their ticket.With football unable to be played as countries across the world remain in various stages of shutdown due to COVID-19, Montagliani has said that important international windows for playing qualifying matches ahead of the 2022 World Cup will be lost. The June window has already been postponed and the CONCACAF boss said he was not optimistic the September window would go ahead.“I think on the balance of probabilities in terms of what has happened so far, and what likely will continue to happen, the current World Cup format will have to be changed, which means that ultimately the ‘Hex’ will have to be changed into some other form,” the FIFA boss said in an interview with Canada’s Onesoccer.com website last Tuesday.
England manager Roy Hodgson handed five Tottenham players their major finals debut for the match, leaving Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy on the bench.England had to battle with the injury-depleted Russians to get ahead in the 77th minute however. England won a free kick on the edge of the area when Russian left-back Georgi Shchennikov impeded Spurs midfielder Dele Alli.After Harry Kane’s dummy run, Gary Cahill created a hole in the defensive wall and Dier stepped up to fire into the top corner of the net.It was England’s first free kick goal in a major tournament since David Beckham scored against Ecuador in 2006.But Russia refused to throw in the towel and when they broke clear on the left, Berezutski did well to rise above Danny Rose to leave Hart, and England stunned.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Russia captain Vasili Berezutski headed a last-gasp leveller against England yesterday to steal a 1-1 draw in a European Championship match in Marseille, France, marred by a third day of fan violence.England seemed to be heading for victory when midfielder Eric Dier fired in a 20 metre free kick past Russia’s veteran goalkeeper Igor Akinfeev. But three minutes from the final whistle in the Group B match, Joe Hart and his defence took their eye off the ball. Berezutski rose to meet a cross and sent a looping header into the net.England players walked off disconsolate while there was more violence in the Stade Velodrome as fans left, adding to the 31 injured in street battles in the Marseille port district earlier.“It’s very disappointing,” said Dier. “We gave away a draw. We just didn’t see it out the right way. We have to pick ourselves up and go again.”
Comments Published on December 20, 2011 at 12:00 pm Contact Michael: [email protected] | @Michael_Cohen13 Facebook Twitter Google+ Jim Boeheim declined to comment on the lawsuit filed against him last week by former Syracuse basketball ball boys Bobby Davis and Mike Lang, who have both accused former associate men’s basketball coach Bernie Fine of molesting them.When asked about the lawsuit following Tuesday’s 80-61 win over Bucknell, the SU head coach waived the question away with his right arm.‘No. No comment,’ Boeheim said. ‘We’re going to talk about basketball from now until the year is over.’The lawsuit, filed on Dec. 13, targets both Boeheim and Syracuse University for defamation. Davis and Lang formally announced the suit at a press conference at a hotel in New York City, where they appeared with their attorney Gloria Allred.Allred said the lawsuit will be filed in New York State Supreme Court.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textIn reaction to the initial story regarding allegations of sexual abuse against Fine, Boeheim called Davis and Lang ‘liars’ who were seeking money. He has since apologized for those comments.Tuesday was the first time he faced a question about the matter in a public setting. According to an article published on ESPN.com, Boeheim also declined to comment on the lawsuit when Andy Katz asked him about it last Wednesday.During the press conference in NYC, Allred said Boeheim’s apology was too late, and that it was time for the head coach and the university to be held [email protected]